Ami-Neko aka Storm


This is Storm. Storm is an Ami-Neko, which means (loosely translated) "cat-doll" in Japanese. Storm belongs to Praxton and is named so because of his stormy colors. "Grey clouds and blue rain is a storm, Mom." Wisely noted, my son.


Storm likes to sleep. Sheesh, he is ALWAYS sleeping. Even when he's in the back of a dump truck fighting the evil Decepticons, he is sleeping. It's the best! Sleep on, sweet prince.


I found the pattern for Storm long before it appeared on Ravelry and it was an instant favorite.I crocheted two others for some friends before I made Storm for Praxton. One was hot pink and purple, the other black and orange. Their girls LOVED them. So much to love!!!

I love the floppy arms and legs. I never stuff them so they stay nice and floppy, great for posing. But, the paws get a generous helping of stuffing to weigh them down. It helps the mentioned flopping. The longer the limbs, the better, I say. =)

His muzzle was confusing to make at first. You basically crochet an egg-shaped form, squish it flat and sew it onto the head. Add the mouth or don't. He's cute either way. I'd like to try another one and make his eyes open just to see what personality pops through. Hmmmm...

Otherwise, he's a wonderfully, simple Neko who makes a sleepy boy even sleepier.

Zzzzzzzz...
~ Amimommy

Comments

Popular Posts