Tuesday, April 16, 2013
Just in "Slime"!
As I said before in the Enderman post, the characters from Minecraft are SUPER easy to construct once you have a solid square pattern. This Slime is a great example. The construction is exactly the same as the Enderman head, you just don't need a body this time.
Minecraft Slime Pattern
A: Worsted weight yarn - Lime Green
Crochet hook size F
Light-weight cardboard or plastic canvas
Polyester fiber-fill stuffing
A small bit of black felt
With A, ch 2.
Rnd 1: 6 sc in 2nd ch from hook – 6 sc
Rnd 2: 2 sc in each sc around – 12 sc
Rnd 3: *sc in next 2 sc, 3 sc in next sc; repeat from * around – 20 sc
Rnd 4: *sc in 4 sc; 3 sc in next sc; repeat from * around – 28 sc
Rnd 5: sl st in next sc, ch 1, sc around TBL – 28 sc
Rnd 6: sc in ch-1 sp, then sc around as normal – 28 sc
Rnd 7 – 12: Repeat Rnd 6 – 28 sc
Fasten off with sl st . Weave in end.
Repeat Rnds 1-4 above – 28 sc
Sl st to fasten off, leaving a long tail to sew to head with.
1. Using the Body Lid as a pattern, cut out 6 squares from light-weight cardboard. (I used a soda box. You could also use plastic canvas.)
2. Place one square inside the Body on the bottom. You may need to trim your square’s sides a bit. I also rounded the corners by snipping off the pointy tips.
3. Begin stuffing the Body. As you stuff, slide the 4 side pieces in as the stuffing gets to the top. The stuffing will hold the squares in place.
4. Take the Body Lid and begin sewing it to the top of the larger Body piece. When you get to the final side, slide the last piece of cardboard into the Body on top of the stuffing. Finish sewing the Body lid on. Weave in end.
5. Cut out 3 squares of black felt. (Two will be as tall as 2 ½ rows of single crochet and as wide as 2 ½ single crochets. The 3rd will be as tall as 1 row of single crochet and as wide as 1 single crochet.)
6. Place the black squares as shown in the picture or however you’d like.
Disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated with Minecraft and Mojang Co.
I have not been compensated for this creation.
Please do not sell this creation for profit. For personal use only.