Cuteness ~ Free Pattern


Remember I promised to put the pattern up? Well, here it is! I finally got it written down. It came to me free, so it's yours for free! Please let me know if there are any errors. If you make one I'd love to see it. I'll even post it here for all to see! Email your picture to: yogalife24@gmail.com

Enjoy!

Cuteness the Fish ~ finished size about 4" (bottom to top of large fin) by 5" (from small fin to small fin)
Supplies:
A - Vanna's Choice Baby WW yarn - Goldfish
B - Vanna's Choice Baby WW yarn - Aqua
Size G/6 hook
Poly-fiber stuffing
2 - size 12mm craft eyes
Black embroidery thread
Yarn needle

Body:
With A, ch 2.
Rnd 1: Work 6 sc in first ch; place a marker to mark beg of rnd; move marker as each rnd is completed.
Rnd 2: 2 sc in each sc around. 12 sc
Rnd 3: *2 sc in next sc, sc in next sc; rep from * around. 18 sc
Rnd 4: *2 sc in next sc, sc in next 2 sc; rep from * around. 24 sc
Rnd 5:*2 sc in next sc, sc in next 3 sc; rep from * around. 30 sc
Rnd 6: *2 sc in next sc, sc in next 4 sc; rep from * around. 36 sc
Rnd 7: *2 sc in next sc, sc in next 5 sc; rep from * around. 42 sc
Rnds 8-17: Sc in each sc around.
Rnd 18: *Sc2tog, sc in next 5 sc; rep from * around. 36 sc
Rnd 19: *Sc2tog, sc in next 4 sc; rep from * around. 30 sc
Rnd 20: *Sc2tog, sc in next 3 sc; rep from * around. 24 sc
Rnd 21: *Sc2tog, sc in next 2 sc; rep from * around. 18 sc. Place eyes.
Rnd 22: *Sc2tog, sc in next sc; rep from * around. 12 sc. Stuff piece firmly.
Rnd 23: (Sc2tog) around. 6 sc.
Fasten off, leave a long tail. Weave tail through last rnd and gather tightly to close hole. Weave in end.

Small Fins: Make 2
With B, ch 2.
Rnd 1: Work 6 sc in first ch; place marker.
Rnd 2: 2 sc in each sc around. 12 sc
Rnd 3-7: Sc in each sc around.
Fasten off, leave a long tail to sew to body.

Large Fin:
With B, ch 13.
Row 1: *Half-double crochet (hdc) in 2nd ch from hook, triple crochet (trc) in next ch, hdc in next ch, sc in next ch, repeat from * 2 more times.
Row 2: Ch 1, turn. *hdc in next sc, dc in next sc, hdc in next sc, sc in next sc; rep from * 2 more times.
Fasten off, leave a long tail to sew to body.

Tail Fin: Make 2
With B, ch 13.
Sc in 2nd ch from hook, hdc in next ch and in each of next 3 ch, trc in each of next 3 ch, hdc in each of next 3 ch, sc in last ch.
Fasten off, leaving long tails.

Assembly:
1. Sew tail fins together at one end. *Tip: Look at the fins. Each one has the treble crochets in the middle. The top fin will have the trebles facing up. The bottom fin will have the trebles facing down.
2. Sew tail fins to back of body, slightly off center so they can be seen.
3. Sew large fin to top of head. *Tip: Line up the beginning of the fin with the top spiral on head.
4. Flatten both small fins. Do not stuff. Sew to body.
5. Embroider mouth.
Be sure to weave in all ends.

Finished! =)

~ Amimommy

Comments

  1. This is adorable. How big is he? (Please forgive me if I missed it.)

    God bless and thanks for making the pattern available.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shadowlight,

      Cuteness can be bigger or smaller depending on the size yarn and hook you choose. I made him with a worsted weight and size G6 hook. He's about 6 to 6 1/2 inches tall with the fin. If you use a sport weight or thinner yarn and a size E-4 hook, he'll be smaller and so on...

      ...and he is adorable, isn't he? =)

      Delete
  2. I MADE ONE!!!! Thanks sooo much for posting your patern! I looked everywhere for a fish pattern but nothing seemed good enough. I made this little guy out of a I hook so he could be a little bigger, and he turned out GREAT!!!! I really needed a fish pattern for a retirement party. So thank you sooo much! I was wondering if I could put a link to this pattern on my blog? The only thing I did differently was googly eyes and I crocheted fishy lips... I'm gonna put him on a fishing pole for decoration. :)
    Please reply... Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BoppinBri,
      I am so happy that you were able to make Cuteness!! I would love to see your results! I give permission for you to post the link on your blog too! I'd love others to know about the super cute fish pattern over here!
      Happy crocheting!
      ~ S

      Delete
    2. Sorry it has taken me a while but I finally got around to posting the link. Thank you.

      Delete
  3. SOOOOOOOOOOOOO ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I absolutely love this!!! Thanks for the pattern!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to crochet a bunch of under the sea critters for my nieces birthday party coming up and I made everything but a fish due to not being able to find a decent pattern. I found this just a few days before her party and I am just finishing it up. Thank you so much for the pattern. It is absolutely adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts